Laboratory accredited by the Polish Centre for Accreditation – Certification no. AB 1657 in relation to PN-EN ISO / IEC 17025: 2018-02, in the field of microbiological testing of textile products (3 methods).
It performs tests, according to national and international standards, in the field of determining the antibacterial and antifungal activity of textile products, using qualitative and quantitative methods. In Poland it is unique as it offers assessment of textile medical products: surgical gowns, surgical drapes, disposable and reusable clothing for surgery theatre staff – in the part concerning microbiological tests and linting resistance.
The laboratory carries out tests for determining the antimicrobial activity of textile products in accordance with the following methods:
Test methods included in the scope of accreditation:
PN – EN ISO 20645: 2006 Textile fabrics – Determination of antibacterial activity – Agar diffusion plate test
PN – EN ISO 20743: 2013 – 10 Textiles – Determination of antibacterial activity of textile products – Absorption method
PN – EN 14119: 2005 point 10.5 (B2) Testing of textiles – Evaluation of the action of microfungi – Visual method
and not included in the scope of accreditation:
AATCC Test Method 100 – 2012 Antibacterial Finishes on Textile Materials: Assessment of – Quantitative Method
ASTM E2180 – 07 Standard Test Method for Determining the Activity of Incorporated Antimicrobial Agent (s) In Polymeric or Hydrophobic Materials
ASTM E2149 – 10 Determining the antimicrobial activity of immobilized antimicrobial agents under dynamic contact conditions – Quantitative method
PN – EN 14119: 2005 Testing of textiles. Evaluation of the action of micro fungi. Method A1. – Qualitative method
AATCC Test Method 30 – 2013 Antifungal Activity, Assessment on Textile Materials: Mildew and Rot Resistance of Textile Materials – Qualitative Method
Tests in the field of assessment of textile medical products (not covered by the scope of accreditation) comply with the requirements of the standard: PN EN 13795 : 2011 + A1 2013
for the following parameters:
- Resistance to wet bacterial penetration PN – EN ISO 22610: 2007 SURGICAL DRAPES, GOWNS AND CLEAN AIR SUITS, USED AS MEDICAL DEVICES, FOR PATIENTS, CLINICAL STAFF AND EQUIPMENT –
- TEST METHOD TO DETERMINE THE RESISTANCE TO WET BACTERIAL PENETRATION
- Purity in terms of solid particles and resistance to linting PN EN ISO 9073-10 : 2006 TEXTILES
- TEST METHODS FOR NONWOVENS – PART 10: LINT AND OTHER PARTICLES GENERATION IN THE DRY STATE
- Purity – microbiological PN – EN ISO 11737-1: 2007 / AC: 2009 STERILIZATION OF MEDICAL DEVICES
- MICROBIOLOGICAL METHODS – PART 1: DETERMINATION OF A POPULATION OF MICROORGANISMS ON PRODUCTS
EQUIPMENT – unique in Poland:
The Gelbo Flex Tester (IDM INSTRUMENTS) with Particle Counter ABAKUS TM AIR – a fast and accurate instrument for determining the linting of nonwoven materials. This test can also be applied to other textiles Particle Counter counts and sorts the particles in real time with relevance to sizing from 0.5 to 25.0μm
RULLA II (Schutt Labortechnik) – apparatus for measuring the resistance to wet bacterial penetration of surgical drapes and surgical gowns
The type of standards we follow means we have required equipment/devices and competent team.
The laboratory was organized as part of a project co-financed by the EUROPEAN UNION from the European Regional Development Fund.
The Laboratory of Textile Research of Medical Devices cooperates with laboratories of domestic and foreign institutions in the organization and participation in proficiency tests and in PT / ILC interlaboratory comparisons.
The laboratory participates in the work of the WG I.3 working group within the Textranet network. Participation in the network’s activity enables the exchange of experiences with other European units in the field of research, research methods and creation of research procedures regarding the determination of antibacterial and antifungal activity of textile products.
- Departments & Laboratories
- Laboratory of Textiles Ecology and Work Environment Testing
- Laboratory of Medical Textile Fabrics Testing
- Laboratory of Electrostatic Properties Testing
- Laboratory of Chemical Testing and Instrumental Analysis
- Laboratory of Flammability Testing
- Laboratory of Textile Raw Materials and Electrostatic Properties
Osoby do kontaktu
- Magdalena Kiwała MSc.
- Head of Laboratory
- +48 42 61 63 143
- Piotr Kaczmarek MSc. Eng.
- Technical Manager
- + 48 42 61 63 154